The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk
Resources for the project: (Pages to be created or filled in-- this is still a new project!)
- Box Tracking
- How to start a box
- How to offer a box
- Calving (Splitting a Box)
- Box Requests
- Thank yous
The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk is a progressive lending library of electronic components. An internet meme in physical form halfway between P2P zip-archive sharing and a flea market. It arrives full of wonderful (and possibly useless) components, but you will surely find some treasures to keep. You will be inspired look through your own piles, such as they are, and find more mysterious components that clearly need to be donated to the box before it is passed on again.
Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:
- Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box).
- Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ).
- There is a little book in the box. Add a checkmark by your name to show that the box has been to you. Also propose a future recipient by adding their name and e-mail address to the book.
- Within two weeks pass the box along to one of the people whose name is in the book. Before mailing it to them, send them this list and make sure that they want to participate.
More information about this project is coming soon. In the mean time, you can read about it here.